- Consultation opens on appeals process for non-domestic rates in Wales 17/10/2017A consultation opens today on improving and modernising the long established system to make sure that it’s fair and works as well as it can.
- Local Government Settlement to help the vulnerable and protect key public services 10/10/2017Local Government Secretary Mark Drakeford has announced that local authorities will receive £4.2 billion to spend on key services in 2018-19.
- Council tax debt report shows need for change says Cabinet Secretary 28/09/2017A new report published today shows almost 300,000 vulnerable and low income households in Wales received a reduction in their council tax in 2016-17.
- Council tax reductions increase thanks to £244m Welsh Government scheme 26/07/2017A new report published today shows almost 300,000 vulnerable and low income households in Wales received a reduction in their council tax in 2016-17.
- Consultation opens on appeals process for non-domestic rates in Wales 17/10/2017
Author Archives: Sharon Dean
Dear Members and supporters, You may be aware that the National Assembly for Wales is undertaking an Inquiry into Regulatory oversight of housing association. This is being undertaken by the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) chaired by Nick Ramsay AM. The … Continue reading
As you are aware the Welsh Tenant will be closing the office on 31st March 2017, as a result we need to sell most of the office furniture beforehand. Click here to view the items to sell flyer Dec 2016 … Continue reading
Friday the 16th December 2016 marks the 50th anniversary of the adoption of the International Covenant on Economic Social and Cultural Rights (ICESCR) which came into force 10 years later on the 3rd January 1976. The ICESCR incorporates among other … Continue reading
Recently, the Welsh Government decided it will no longer continue to provide core funding to the independent representative voice for tenants, Welsh Tenants. Funding will cease in 100 work days, on the 31st March 2017. Although we had an opportunity … Continue reading
Welsh Tenants are due to present themselves for questioning to the National Assembly for Wales Public Accounts Committee regarding regulation of the registered social landlord sector (housing associations and Large Scale voluntary transfer LSVTs) the following questions. This is not as … Continue reading
CIH Cymru Housing Awards 2016 Thank you for the invitation to the CIH Awards by HouseMark Cymru, always a pleasure to support HouseMark Ltd in their role supporting tenants to understand and interpret performance information as well as a range … Continue reading
What is the purpose of this research? This research is investigating carbon monoxide risk in households. Carbon monoxide (CO) is a highly poisonous gas which cannot be seen, smelt or tasted. It can be produced by faulty household appliances burning … Continue reading
As from today, 24th November 2016, any landlord or letting agency that isn’t licensed is breaking the law – yes acting illegally. Their failure to be licenced mean they may incur a fixed penalty notice (£150 – £250), have rent … Continue reading
In a low key, ultra-cautious budget, the chancellor presented a dramatic picture with the government still in the red! The news that the UK government will continue with their austerity programme impacting on millions after 6 years is depressing. In … Continue reading
Any queries, please contact SeneddPAC@assembly.wales by 25th Nov. Stakeholder session flyer for download